Canadian Press: Request for Descendants of War of 1812 Veterans

As the national media prepares to mark another Remembrance Day, the Canadian Press is casting a spotlight on many of the historic battles in which Canadian troops played a role. One conflict that often receives scant attention is the War of 1812. I am hoping to rectify this for this year's Remembrance Day, as well as to establish contacts that could help provide coverage as the bicentennial anniversary approaches. 

If you have ancestors that took part in the War of 1812 and are willing to share that connection with the Canadian Press, I would be delighted to talk to you.

If you would be willing to take part in a brief telephone interview, please feel free to contact me directly, either by phone at 416-507-2140 or by email at michelle.mcquigge@thecanadianpress.com.

I am working to a fairly tight deadline and would appreciate hearing from you by Tuesday, Nov. 8. If you receive this note after that time, you're still more than welcome to get in touch and will be kept in consideration for future projects.

Many thanks and all the best,

Michelle McQuigge

Reporter/Editor

OFFICE: 416 507 2140

MOBILE: 416 402 5545

http://www.thecanadianpress.com

About THE CANADIAN PRESS

Canada's trusted news leader: The Canadian Press delivers credible, comprehensive news reporting from Canada and around the world in multiple formats, serving newspapers, broadcasters, websites, wireless carriers, magazines, government and corporate clients.

Views: 186

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have 3 ancestors that were involved in the war. Robert, James and Thomas Green they all started out as Drummer boys. They were all given land in Richmond at the end of the war.

I'm looking to get in touch with Lise Swolfs.  My name is Laurie Fagan and I work for CBC Radio in Ottawa.   Are you related to Evelyn Leroux who is also a relative of the 3 Green Brothers. 

Can you call me or email at:  laurie.fagan@cbc.ca or 613-288-6508

My great grand pere fought with De Salaberry (voltigeurs) in the battle of Chateauguay. His name actually appears on the wall at the visitor centre there. Coincidentally, his grand pere fought with De Lignery against les " maudits anglais" in the Seven Years' War of 1759

RSS

A Regency Wonderland

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Let's Connect

Regional Travel Ideas

Shop 1812

Make A Regency Wonderland Shop at CafePress

© 2013   Created by The Alliance.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service